Appointments | 09989426898
Solutions to Spinal Problems by
Dr. J. Naresh Babu MS(ortho).,FNB(Spine Surgery)
1. Dr. J. Naresb Babu is the first National Board accredited Spine surgeon of the State of Andhra Pradesh, India. National board of examinations, New Delhi started the post-doctoral fellowships in some selected specialties including Spine surgery in 2001. The selection of the candidates is by all India competitive examination and interview open to orthopaedic and neurosurgeons. The successful candidate has to do a residency programme for a period of two years which gives eligibility to sit for the exit exam. By successfully completing the exam in first attempt scoring highest marks in 2005, became the first NBE qualified spine surgeon of Andhra Pradesh and second in India.
2. Niloufer Chinoy Award 2010 by International Society for Fluoride Research (ISFR). The International Society for Fluoride Research was founded in 1966, at a meeting in Detroit of the American Society for Fluoride Research, to promote the sharing of scientific information on all aspects of inorganic and organic fluorides. This is done by the publication of a quarterly journal Fluoride and the hosting of international conferences. The best scientific paper presented at the conference will be awarded by this prestigious award and 1000 Euros cash prize. Topic: Pathogenesis of Ossification of Ligamentum Flavum in Endemic Skeletal Fluorosis. -A Histopathological study focusing on ligament to bone transformation.
3. International Society for the Study of the Lumbar Spine (ISSLS) International travelling fellowship 2010 The purpose of the International Fellowship Fund is to identify appropriate individuals in underrepresented/underdeveloped areas and financially sponsor them to attend and actively participate in the Society's meetings.
4. Consultant Gold Medal 2010 by Orthopaedic Association of South Indian States (OASIS). Topic: Is paediatric Spine more accommodative for spinal cord shortening?. Results of cord level pedicle subtraction osteotomy for severe kyphosis in children
5. VT Ingalhalikar Gold Medal 2010 for best paper presentation by Association of Spine Surgeons of India. Topic: Is paediatric Spine more accommodative for spinal cord shortening?. Results of cord level pedicle subtraction osteotomy for severe kyphosis in children
6. Asia Pacific Orthopaedic Association (APOA) Spine Training Fellowship-2009 APOA conducts regular spine training fellowships at the centres of excellence in Asia Pacific regions. Through this fellowship, got trained under Prof. JY Chung, Chonnam National University, S. Korea for a period of 1 month.
7. Silver Jubilee Orator-2008 Award by Indian Orthopedic Association. Indian orthopedic association conducts annual competition for the Silver Jubilee Award and invites the research projects from all over India and one promising project will receive this award. This award is instituted in memory of completion of 25 years. For the first time a research project from Andhra Pradesh is being honored by this award for the work done on development of newer surgical technique for Skeletal Fluorosis and spinal problems. Awarded on 5th December 30, 2008 at 51st Annual Conference of Indian Orthopaedic Association at Bangalore. Dr. Naresh Babu is the youngest to receive this award.
8. Euro Spine Open Paper Award-2008 by European Spine society. This is one of the most prestigious and highly respected awards given by the European Spine Society annually for the best research work done in the field of spine surgery. The applications were invited world wide and reviewed by the award committee. This is the first time an Indian research being recognized by this award. The award carries a cash prize of 10,000 euros and was presented at SPINE WEEK congress, Geneva, Switzerland in May 2008.
9. AA Mehta Gold Medal by Indian Orthopaedic Association 2007 This is the most prestigious medal of the Indian Orthopoaedic Association awarded to the best paper presenter below 40 years of age during the annual conference of Indian Orthopaedic association.
10. Scoliosis Research Society (SRS) International Educational Scholarship -2007 The SRS Educational Scholarship is awarded to promising spine surgeon outside North America. This scholarship facilitated to attend 42nd SRS Annual Meeting & Pre-meeting Course. Edinburgh, Scotland, UK. http://www.srs.org/outreach/scholarship_recipients.asp
11. The Young Orthopaedic Investigator Award (2006) by Singapore Orthopaedic Association The YOIA is an annual competition to select the best paper presented at the SOA Annual Scientific Meeting by a young surgeon aged 40 and below.. http://www.soa.org.sg/awards_yoi.php
12. International Society for the Study of the Lumbar Spine (ISSLS) Sofamor Danek Best Paper Award 2006 Topic: Diffusion of human lumbar intravertebral discs can be enhanced pharmacologically with oral nimodipine. International society for the study of the lumbar spine. Bergen, Norway, June 2006. http://www.issls.org/awards/sofamor2006.htm.
13. Scoliosis Research Society (SRS) International Educational Scholarship -2006 The SRS Educational Scholarship is awarded to promising spine surgeon outside North America. This scholarship facilitated to attend 41st SRS Annual Meeting & Pre-meeting Course. Monterey, California, USA. http://www.srs.org/outreach/scholarship_recipients.asp
14. International Society for the Study of the Lumbar Spine (ISSLS) Macnab La Rocca Fellowship Award-2005 The collaborative research between Ganga Hospital India and Rush Presbyterian St.Lukes Medical Center, Chicago Illinois was selected for this award for the year 2005.
15. ISSLS Prize (International Society for the Study of the Lumbar Spine) for Best Spine research in clinical sciences-2004 Awarded at Spine Week 2004. Porto, Portugal Topic: A Study of Diffusion in Human Lumbar Discs -A Serial MRI study documenting the influence of the endplate on diffusion in normal and degenerate discs. Dr. S. Rajasekaran, Dr. J. Naresh Babu, Dr. R. Arun, Dr. BRW Armstrong, Dr. Ajoy Prasad Shetty, Dr. KS. Murugan. http://www.issls.org/awards/isslsprize2004.htm
16. Research Grant by “Foundation Yues Cotrel” Insitut de France-Paris This foundation will support the proposed Project for a period of one year.2004-2005. Topic: A Study of Endplate Characteristics and Diffusion of Solutes across Intervertebral discs In Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis. -An In-vivo Serial Post-contrast MRI Study comparing The diffusion Characteristics at convex and Concave Vertebral segments. http://www.fondationcotrel.org/english/recherche_e/laureats_e.htm
17. Asia Pacific Orthopaedic Association (APOA) - Depuy Spine Traveling Fellowship-2004 This fellowship facilitated traveling across the renowned centers of excellence in the field of spine surgery at Singapore, Japan, Malaysia and Taiwan.
18. Association of Spine Surgeons of India (ASSI) - Best Spine Research Award –2006 For the original research work done in India in the field of spine surgery. ASSICON-2007 Ahmedabad. Topic: Growth Modulation Changes In Kyphotic Deformity In Children As A Clinical Model For Mechanostat Theory And Chondral Growth Force Response Curve. A clinico-biomechanical study correlating growth modulation changes with 3D finite element model analysis
19. Association of Spine Surgeons of India (ASSI) - Best Spine Research Award –2005 For the original research work done in India in the field of spine surgery. ASSICON-2006 Chandigarh. Topic: Diffusion of Scoliotic discs. A biological model to study the effect of compressive forces on Disc diffusion.
20. Association of Spine Surgeons of India (ASSI) - Best Spine Research Award –2004 For the original research work done in India in the field of spine surgery. ASSICON-2005 Bangalore. Topic: Single Stage Correction of Post-Tubercular Kyphosis by Posterior Column Shortening.
21. Association of Spine Surgeons of India (ASSI) - Best Spine Research Award –2003 For the original research work done in India in the field of spine surgery. ASSICON-2004 Pune.
22. Prof. Ethi Rajulu Gold Medal” for best outgoing orthopaedic postgraduate in NTR University of Health Sciences Andhra Pradesh for the year 2002 Awarded by his excellency the Governor of the state of Andhra Pradesh.
(Click on Thumbnails for big images)